King Shepherd puppies are not only bred for their size, but more importantly their temperament and hardiness. Breeders are urged to keep their breeding programs focused on their best dogs, with the goal of producing an animal that is an improvement on the previous generation. All puppies are guaranteed and breeders place puppies into their new homes with spay/neuter agreements or contracts.
Puppies are the future of the breed and every King Shepherd puppy is guaranteed to be healthy physically and mentally . Puppies come in several colors such as black and tan, black and red, black and cream, various shades of sable and all black. There is also two coat types available, long and smooth. Puppy prices typically range from $1,850.00 to over $3,000.00, depending on the particular litter.
Scroll down this page to see which breeders are expecting and planning future litters.
Chateau De Chief is an American King Shepherd Club (AKSC) Recommended Breeder.
*NOTICE - The AKSC considers the King Shepherd breed to be a work in progress (in development for improvement by the AKSC Recommended Breeders). The AKSC will not condone or be responsible for puppies/dogs acquired from individuals who have been dismissed (removed, discharged) from all AKSC privileges and who additionally mislead by stating "...by choice, we are not a member of nor a breeder recognized by the AKSC..."
A sound breeding program should be developed with mentors; those who have years of experience and extensive knowledge on the particular breed, behind them. A breeding program SHOULD NOT begin with minimal knowledge on the dogs, their background, and their conformation. Breeding is definitely not a "sport" that should be based on a whim.
Chateau De Chief cautions potential owners of King Shepherds from purchasing Kings from "so-called breeders" who
- are not American King Shepherd Club (AKSC) Recommended Breeders or AKSC Recommended Member Breeders
- are unethical breeders
- do not support the King Shepherd Breed or the American King Shepherd Club
- breed inferior specimens of the breed, i.e. faulty structure, head types and temperaments
- do not breed to improve the King Shepherd, breed just for profit
- breed two King Shepherds together just because they have access to two King Shepherds with no regard to type, temperament, soundness and size
A KING SHEPHERD PUPPY IS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE RESEARCH THE BREED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISION AS TO WHETHER A KING SHEPHERD IS THE RIGHT BREED FOR YOU. IF YOU CHOOSE TO RESERVE A PUPPY, THE DEPOSIT IS NOT REFUNDABLE, HOWEVER THE DEPOSIT IS TRANSFERABLE TO AN ADDITIONAL OR SUBSEQUENT LITTER. THE BREDER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TRANSFER THE DEPOSIT TO A SUBSEQUENT LITTER OF EQUAL OR BETTER QUALITY. FOR MORE INFORMATION, E-MAIL SHELLEY@KINGSHEPHERD.COM.
- The Penn-Hip method is used to evaluate the hips of all current and potential breeding stock, as well as preliminary x-raying prior to breeding. Only those dogs with an acceptable rating are used in the breeding program. Breeders also stress the importance of a good diet, the correct vitamins and appropriate exercise to further insure the proper growth and the overall soundness of the developing puppy.
- Sound temperaments are the essence of the King Breed. King Shepherd breeders believe that the perfect dog must possess an impeccable temperament. In order to fulfill its' duties to be the ultimate family companion and protector, the King Shepherd puppy must foremost come form stable parents, and also be intelligent, fearless, inquisitive and willing to please. With these traits, the puppy will develop into a cherished member of any household.
- Last but not least is size. Although larger size is desirable, this factor should not take away from the overall soundness and functionality of the animal. The average height for a full grown male King Shepherd is 30", with a weight of 140lbs. Females are slightly smaller in height and weight.
Outstanding Puppy Pictures
Chateau De Chief King Shepherds
Chateau De Chief raises all of their puppies in the home with the utmost care. All of our dogs are first and foremost family pets and loved and cherished companions. Chateau De Chief Guarantees all puppies that leave our home to be sound and healthy representatives of the King Shepherd Breed.
All prospective puppy owners will be expected to be excellent owners for any King puppy or adult placed and to fill out a puppy/dog request form and questionnaire. Contact Shelley@kingshepherd.com or 703-737-3813.
*All Puppies go to their new homes on a STRICT SPAY NEUTER CONTRACT, to protect the integrity of our breeding. When a new owner furnishes the proper proof of Spaying or Neutering their puppy, Chateau De Chief will then provide the new owner with their American King Shepherd Club, Inc. (AKSC, Inc.) registration papers. Only under the most preternatural circumstances, will we even consider placing a puppy with breeding rights that will be under the very strict rules and regulations of the breeder.
Ch. Bruin is a gorgeous huge male, with an outstanding head piece, heavy bone and great temperament. He is the sire of several champions, Multiple Best in Specialty Show winners, multiple All Breed Best in Show winners and wonderful family companions.
Skye resembles an exceptional male King in many ways. She is a huge "male-sized" female, with a headpiece that is one of the best in the breed. She also has outstanding bone, conformation and a very sweet temperament.
Puppies should be huge in size; ranging from 130 to 150 plus pounds for males and 110 to 130 plus pounds for females. Gorgeous head pieces, exceptional conformation, heavy bone and outstanding temperaments.
Very few reservations are available for the elite individuals who wish to own the very best. Please e-mail email@example.com or call (703) 737-3813 for more information.
PUPPIES - PLEASE CONTACT SHELLEY@KINGSHEPHERD.COM OR CALL (703) 737-3813 FOR UPCOMING LITTERS AND AVAILABILITY.
Lakes King Shepherds
Upcoming litter planned out of "Tigger". Please contact Tammy for More information.
Mountain King Shepherds
Upcoming litter planned out of Ch. Atlas and Ch. ptd. Garnett. Please contact Chris for more information.
Upcoming litter planned out of BISS Ch. Coltrane and Ch. ptd. Frida. Please contact Jacob or Deborah for more information.