The List of Breeders that are recommended and endorsed by the American King Shepherd Club!
Chateau De Chief is an American King Shepherd Club (AKSC) Recommended Breeder.
*NOTICE - The AKSC considers the King Shepherd breed to be a work in progress (in development for improvement by the AKSC Recommended Breeders). The AKSC will not condone or be responsible for puppies/dogs acquired from individuals who have been dismissed (removed, discharged) from all AKSC privileges and who additionally mislead by stating "...by choice, we are not a member of nor a breeder recognized by the AKSC..."
A sound breeding program should be developed with mentors; those who have years of experience and extensive knowledge on the particular breed, behind them. A breeding program SHOULD NOT begin with minimal knowledge on the dogs, their background, and their conformation. Breeding is definitely not a "sport" that should be based on a whim.
Chateau De Chief cautions potential owners of King Shepherds from purchasing Kings from "so-called breeders" who
- are not American King Shepherd Club (AKSC) Recommended Breeders or AKSC Recommended Member Breeders
- are unethical breeders
- do not support the King Shepherd Breed or the American King Shepherd Club
- breed inferior specimens of the breed, i.e. faulty structure, head types and temperaments
- do not breed to improve the King Shepherd, breed just for profit
- breed two King Shepherds together just because they have access to two King Shepherds with no regard to type, temperament, soundness and size
A KING SHEPHERD PUPPY IS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE
RESEARCH THE BREED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISION
AS TO WHETHER A KING SHEPHERD IS THE RIGHT BREED FOR YOU. IF
YOU CHOOSE TO RESERVE A PUPPY, THE DEPOSIT IS NOT REFUNDABLE,
HOWEVER THE DEPOSIT IS TRANSFERABLE TO AN ADDITIONAL OR SUBSEQUENT
CHATEAU DE CHIEF
Puppies Available Now!
Gus Cooper and Cheryn Jarvis